Friday 14 November 2014

Final blog for Promotions





Wow, this year has been so busy, but thankfully it's nearly over (I'm actually not sure about being thankful, I have really enjoyed having somewhere to focus my efforts and gain a sense of achievement). I chose to do Scenario 1, regarding starting a book club. As I said in my last post (how appropriate for this week - Remembrance Day was just a few days ago) I was hoping to have my assignment ready to hand up this week. I was successful in getting this done without too much drama. I found the most difficult part was the format - it was difficult not to write it as if I was going through the processes. So - I wrote it as if it was already done, and then created another document as the planning for other branches to follow.

We were also required to create a report for submission to the powers-that-be (in this case the Jacaranda Public Library Corporation) to encourage the other branches to start their own book clubs.

Doing this exercise definitely opened my eyes as to the amount of planning any event requires, even the ones which seem so straightforward, there's a lot of detail behind them.

Initially I chose the book club scenario as I'm a member of a book club, although it isn't run by the library. I felt that this did help me with certain aspects, such as knowing that their are notes which come with each copy, etc. As our meetings are monthly and follow a general format, it gave me a basis for the time frame as well.

I chose to work alone, that's just how I roll. I think I achieved more as I was able to pick and choose my times and tasks to suit my lifestyle (hectic).

This module has been a bit mad ..... a bit of event planning never did anyone any harm! The display was a challenge, and I am so glad I had such great partners!

Thanks for the whole experience - I have enjoyed the challenges, for the most part........

I will probably continue to blog, just have to get past a few life challenges first.








No comments:

Post a Comment